FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
REQUIREMENTS: Please watch the video linked here to hear Mr. Marks, our Instrumental Director, describe the audition requirements in more detail:
If you require further information or assistance please do not hesitate to email me.
Instrumental director – Sean Marks – email@example.com
STEP ONE: CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Choose Two Scales of your choice – Record yourself playing two different scales of your choice. For example you may choose C major and G major scales.
- Choose Two Pieces of Contrasting Style – Choose two pieces of music that you feel best represent your playing. Your two excerpts could be two different parts of the same song but should show some variety in your playing. For example you can choose a slow and a fast piece or a classical and a jazz piece. Record yourself playing an excerpt of each piece. Your excerpt can be any part of the song and should be between 8-16 measures long.
STEP TWO: RECORD AN INTERVIEW
- Record an interview in which you answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to study music at the Arts Academy at Benjamin Rush?
- Why do you feel music is important? How has music impacted your life?
- Tell us about something- a school subject or skill- that you struggle with. What do you do to deal with that struggle?
You may either have someone off camera ask you the questions or you can have a list of the questions in front of you. Please take your time answering the questions. We encourage you to be honest and authentic. When you are done, please upload the video to YouTube and submit the link in the form below.
You must submit the completed audition form AND the online high school application in order to be considered for admission at the Arts Academy at Benjamin Rush. Please be sure to fill out BOTH.