FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
REQUIREMENTS: Please watch the video linked here to hear Ms. Wojcik, our Theatre Director, describe the audition requirements in more detail:
STEP ONE: CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- FOR PERFORMERS – Submit a recorded monologue of one of the provided choices. Click HERE for the choices. Be sure to memorize the monologue and PERFORM the monologue. We are looking to see how you make character choices and use your body and voice to communicate those choices. (Please view the video above for more advice and tips.) Your video must then be uploaded to YouTube and the link submitted using the Google Form below.
- FOR CREATIVE WRITERS – Choose two pieces of your writing that you think best reflect your voice and skill. These should be pieces such a poem, short story, or playwrighting. Submit a recording of yourself reading these pieces (or parts of them) and include your inspiration for each piece. You are looking for between 3-5 minutes total. (Please view the video above for more advice and tips.) Your video must then be uploaded to YouTube and the link submitted using the Google Form below.
STEP TWO: RECORD AN INTERVIEW
- Record an interview in which you answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to study theatre? What about it is exciting and/or interesting to you?
- If you could not have a career in theatre or movies in any way and you could not be famous, what other jobs or fields would you like to pursue? What are your interests outside of theatre?
- Tell us about something- a school subject or skill- that you struggle with. What do you do to deal with that struggle?
You may either have someone off camera ask you the questions or you can have a list of the questions in front of you. Please take your time answering the questions. We encourage you to be honest and authentic. When you are done, please upload the video to YouTube and submit the link in the form below.
If you have any questions about the Theatre audition, please contact Ms. Wojcik at email@example.com.
You must submit the completed audition form AND the online high school application in order to be considered for admission at the Arts Academy at Benjamin Rush. Please be sure to fill out BOTH.